The follow text is taken from the DfE Governance Handbook Jan17
1.1 The purpose of governance
1. The purpose of governance is to provide confident, strategic leadership and to create robust accountability, oversight and assurance for educational and financial performance.
2. All boards, no matter what type of schools or how many schools they govern, have three core functions:
• Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
• Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the performance management of staff; and
• Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent.
Our Governors meet three times a term. These meetings are organised into two committees and a Full Governors meeting. One committee is for Financial, Personnel and Pay matters, and the other for Pupils, Curriculum and Strategic Development. The Governors have agreed to attend every meeting rather than attend only specific committees.
Of all our governors only one has any business interest related to school; Kathryn Watkinson runs a local landscape business and has completed work for school in this role.
None of our Governors have any financial interests in school.
Governance roles in other schools
None of our Governors have a governance role in another school.